Monday 11 November 2013

My Weekend...


Hello my friends. Hope you are all doing great today.

I had a wonderful weekend, being creative with my sewing.
You may know already that I do love doing other craft things alongside my crochet, and one of them is patchwork. So this weekend I went for a class, it's  bit of a journey from my house, but I did it with a smile on my face.

I've known Janet, as my friend and teacher since 2008, when I first started learning with her, the art of patchwork and quilting, back then I used to go every 4 week, but these days I can only do an occasional class. I think may be almost a year since the last time I went for a class. So this weekend I went for a day of hardcore sewing (10.00 am to 4.00 pm) to catch up with my UFO (Un Finished Objects).


It’s almost an hour train journey, all the way to Sussex., and I took my crochet with me to keep me company.





Lunch Break now… it has been a very productive morning, and I can see a light at the end of the tunnel.



I took with me two unfinished bed throw that have been in the box for a good year or so. I would love to finish them this year, if I work hard. I will try.



Myself and Janet, having fun.



Sometimes I get distracted with all these gorgeous fabrics all around me, and I wonder about new projects. I can’t help though.




I will leave the link of Janet’s website >> here <<, make sure you go there and have a good look around, you may like to treat yourself with something from her site.
I have lots to sew if I want to finish the bed throws by the end of this year. Wish me luck.

Have a lovely creative week my friends.
Warmly,
Edina
xx






3 comments:

  1. Olá amiga, boa noite
    Que bom, está a ficar perfeito o seu trabalho de patchwork, gostei de vê-la com a sua amiga, nesse espaço maravilhoso, "decorado" com lindos tecidos e rodeado de natureza.
    Resto de boa semana,
    Um abraço

    ReplyDelete
  2. That craftroom where you stand seems to be so relaxing with all that nature around you and your friend..! You have to post more often :) Kiss

    ReplyDelete
  3. Olá amiga boa noite
    Desculpe de só agora responder, mas tenho andado aterefada com compras do Natal, e só agora vi o seu comentário. Deixo aqui o likn da gola, mesmo só sabendo o básico de certeza que a amiga vai conseguir fazer

    http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-LqI25TlA8jY/TeEXhoxIjkI/AAAAAAAABk0/269NVlmSW9g/s1600/Gola_Laco_Trico_Trad.jpg

    Um grande beijinho e votos de um feliz Natal.

    Teresa

    ReplyDelete